[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct trial for NZ

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Aug 31 10:45:21 BST 2016

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:00:07 +1200, you wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:53:03 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>I'm not a developer, and I've got schedules direct up and running on my
>>Ubuntu 16.04 system.
>[snip]
>>*2. Install xmltv 0.5.68-1 from Debian Sid* from here
>>https://packages.debian.org/sid/xmltv . There are 4 .deb packages you need:
>>xmltv, libxmltv-perl, xmltv-gui, xmltv-util.
>
>If you have turned on the option for xmltv updates Mythbuntu Control
>Centre, you should already have at least xmltv 0.5.67-1 (which is what
>I have in 14.04) which has the json grabbers.  In that case, is there
>a reason to want 0.5.68-1?

I have just downloaded and built copies of the latest release and
nightly versions of xmltv on my test PC (Mythbuntu 16.04, MythTV
0.28-fixes).  I did a diff between tv_grab_sd_json in the release
version and the installed 0.5.67-1 version in 16.04 xmltv-fixes. There
are quite a few changes, so it looks like you should download and
install the latest release version, or even the current snapshot
(nightly build) version which is different again.

I am using this page as a guide as to how to set things up:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_Schedules_Direct_in_the_UK

This is from the nightly build version, which I am trying out:

root at lith:~# tv_grab_sd_json --version
XMLTV module version 0.5.68
This is tv_grab_sd_json version 1.21, 2016/07/15 01:26:44

After configuring to use the Wellington transmitter lineup (because it
is normally identical to the Wharite lineup), I did a test run and got
a .xml file.  So far, I have noticed a couple of things that I
probably should tell SD about:

1) The new HGTV channel is missing.
2) The old names are being used for RNZ National and RNZ Concert (the
xml file has them as Radio NZ National and Radio NZ Concert.

There seems to be a lot more detail available about programmes, such
as cast lists.  Every programme I have checked has a dd_progid format
episode-num field, and some programmes also have other formats of
episode-num as well.  That is excellent - it will prevent re-recording
of repeats.  However, the episode-num data does not match the data in
the EPG collected from the MHEG5 EPG on the channels themselves.  So
it will not match old recordings in my database.

The next step is to get tv_grab_sd_json to set up my channels in
MythTV on the test PC.  But that will have to wait until I have some
more spare time.