[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Aug 6 06:16:15 BST 2016

On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 16:46:14 +1200, you wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 15:00:35 +1200, Austin Green
><austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

>>> password
>>> mysql-server-versionnumber
>>
>> There is also a 'back-door' way in, at least on Debian-derived distros:
>> 	sudo mysql --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf
>> Will start up MySQL as the system maintenance user.
>> Then you can do all the password resetting stuff:
>> 	use mysql;
>> 	update user set password = password('beetroot') where user = 'root';
>> 	commit;
>> 	grant all privileges on *.* to 'root'@'localhost' identified by
>> 'beetroot' with grant option;
>> 	flush privileges;
>> 	quit
>> Then you should be OK to log in as MySQL root, after which you can do
>> anything.
>> 	mysql -u root -p mysql
>
>Thanks.I'll make a note of that for the future.
>
>Cheers

Another trick to note down - if you are testing your tuners and the
first one will not work, LiveTV is useless (until you change the
livetvorder settings).  But you can still use manual recording rules
to test with.  Recording rules have an option under Schedule Options
where it normally says "Use any available tuner".  You can set that to
specify a multirec tuner number as the preferred input, and unless you
have two rules clashing for the use of that number, that will then be
the tuner that gets used.  Manual recording rules can only be set to
run on five minute boundaries, but if the next five minute boundary is
too far away for you to want to wait that long, you can change the
"Start recording on time" option to start as many minutes early as you
need to get the recording to start on the next minute boundary.