[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:32:01 BST 2016

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 16:25:26 +1200, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 15:16:16 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> I'm re-installed everything and set up the backend manually.I'm still in
>> the same situation.No tuners will allow viewing or recording.
>> I've deleted the tuners and set them up again to no avail.
>> Here is a few lines from backend log
>>
>> Aug  5 15:03:48 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2583]: I TVRecEvent
>> tv_rec.cpp:1073 (HandleStateChange) TVRec[1]: Changing from None to
>> WatchingLiveTV
>> Aug  5 15:03:48 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2583]: I TVRecEvent
>> tv_rec.cpp:3563 (TuningCheckForHWChange) TVRec[1]: HW Tuner: 1->1
>> Aug  5 15:03:48 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2583]: I TVRecEvent
>> tv_rec.cpp:3685 (TuningFrequency) TVRec[1]: TuningFrequency
>> Aug  5 15:03:48 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2583]: E TVRecEvent
>> dtvmultiplex.cpp:379 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux: ParseTuningParams --
>> Unknown tuner type = 0xffffffff80000000
>> Aug  5 15:03:48 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2583]: E TVRecEvent
>> recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:299 (SetChannelByString)
>> DTVChan[1](11111EB6-0):
>> SetChannelByString(1): Failed to initialize multiplex options
>>
>> As before the HDHR tuners work fine for the HDHR setup GUI
>>
>> -Paul
>
> OK, you have the same HDHR tuner problem.  If you change the LiveTV
> order settings so the internal tuners are used first, they will likely
> work.  So now we need to see what MythTV is doing when it tries to
> talk to the HDHRs.  Install Wireshark and use it to capture the
> Ethernet traffic when MythTV tries to use an HDHR, and also when Me-TV
> does (or something that works).  Post the capture files.

This must be almost as frustrating for you as for me.Getting an incomplete
view of the problem via email.
Apart from that one instance where everything seemed to work, at no other
time has either the HDHRs or the card tuners worked.I have deleted tuners
and setup only card tuners - they did not work.I have set up only HDHR
tuners and they did not work.Every variation of tuner arrangement, set up
and scanned channels correctly and the channels appeared in the channel
editor.
I am using the exact settings I used for 12.04.
I assume that the fact that the channel scans for the HDHR and tuner card
during setup implies that the tuners are working and communicating with
the myth backend software.Is this not correct?
When setting up the tuners both the HDHR and card tuners appear as options
in the setup so the software has no trouble seeing them.

In an earlier reply you stated:

  "first start with an empty database and
>> do the initial setup (including tuners and channels, but not xmltvids
>> and EPG).  Then test the setup to make sure all the tuners work and so
>> on.  If you want to try that, then you can empty the database and
>> re-create it."

How did you confirm everything was working?

I'll describe my hardware setup.
The mythbox is connected via a network switch to the HDHR and to the
modem/router and I have a Ubuntu PC connected to the modem/router.I do the
setup on the mythbox using Remmina network sharing from the PC.The mythbox
is conected to the internet and I can install software etc with no
problems.

Since I last installed 16.04 I don't seem to be able to use the new mysql
password  (mysql -u root -p) to open mysql but the frontend connects to
the database ok.

-Paul