[mythtvnz] [SOLVED] Re: In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1

Scott Newton scottn at quantumchaos451.co.nz
Thu Aug 4 03:36:52 BST 2016

On Monday, 1 August 2016 11:41:00 AM NZST Scott Newton wrote:
> 3. KODI - THIS DOESN'T WORK. You can't install without removing your entire
> mythtv install...
>
> Kodi requires libtag1v5 while mythtv requires libtag1c2a. If you try to
> install libtag1v5 then you are asked to remove all the following packages:

This was interesting...

Raised this as a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1609169) and one of the
maintainers came back to me saying mythtv in Xenial does use libtag1v5 and did
I have any other ppa's that could have caused the problem?

Long story short (see bug report for long story) for some reason the upgrade
didn't upgrade libtag1 (though why I don't know - it wasn't a dependency on
any of the other ppa's I had enabled).

Solution was to uninstall mythtv (apt remove) and then I installed kodi and
then mythtv and everything started working again. The interesting bit was that
when I was removing mythtv the libtag1c2a and libtag1c2a-vanilla were both
marked as still from the trusty repository.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who has a similar issue.

--
Regards
Scott Newton