[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:51:34 BST 2016

If the HDHRs are still not working, you could install Wireshark and
capture all the traffic to them from MythTV.  That might give us some
clues as to what the problem is.  And do a separate capture of the
traffic when they work using their setup tools or me-tv, for
comparison purposes.

>> These are the MeTV messages:
>>
>> 04/08/16 09:52:26: Not currently displaying 'TV ONE'
>> 04/08/16 09:52:26: Exception: Failed to get available frontend
>> 4/08/16 09:51:25: Exception: Frontend read failed
>> (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Value too large for defined data type
>>
>> Also, I have a bug in 12.04 that won't let me switch sources in live TV
>> (HDHR or PCIe card tuners).The system locks up.
>> So what I did to check if the Card tuner wasn't half dead was to reduce
>> the number of tuners per device to 1 and record 4 programs >>from the 3
>> MUXs.The tuners did all 4 successfully. Therefore I assume the 2 tuners
>> in the card are ok as are the 2 in the HDHR.
>> Is my logic correct?
>
> No, you only need 3 tuners to get 3 muxes. The backend log will tell you
> which tuner was used for each recording.

Won't setting the number of tuners (virtual) to 1 force the use of 4
hardware tuners to tune 4 programmes?