[mythtvnz] I spoke too soon.

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Wed Aug 3 09:32:33 BST 2016

> You need to find the error message from mysqld.  Go to /var/log and
> look in syslog or the log files in /var/log/mysql.  There should be a
> message telling you why it failed to start.  Try searching for the
> text "mysql" in syslog.
That is a big log file so I moved onto the next step.
> Have you run Mythbuntu Control Centre and enabled the MySQL tweaks?
Yes I had (I misread your earlier reply to Worik).
So I switched it off again.
> That causes this sort of problem, but it only shows up when mysql is
> restarted.  If that is the problem, go to /etc/mysql and run this
> command:
>
>    grep -r table_cache *
>
> If you get any lines where that is a match that do not start with a #
> character, change the "table_cache" to "table_open_cache".
There was a # at the beginning of the line so (after switching off the
tweaks) I rebooted and all seems fine again.

You are a star. (I have thought that quite a few times recently)

Thanks so much.

--
Robert