[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:43:32 BST 2016

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 10:31:29 +1200, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> I must say that given your tuner numbering, I suspect you have deleted
> and added tuners a bit to get yourself in that state.
>
> I would delete all tuners (delete all capture cards on system) and add
> them back, the numbering will start at 1 again and produce a >much
> cleaner and better operating database. I have seen doing this
> recommended on mythtv-user mailing list, and it worked for me when >I
> had some similar difficulties.
>
> You will not have to retune as you just connect the new tuners to the
> existing video sources, which you shouldn't need to delete.
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

Actually,I didn't,I just restored the database backup from the 12.04
installation.The tuner numbering is as it is on 12.04 and 12.04 still
works fine.
I'm deleted capture cards for the xth time and video sources and issued
the mysql commands below:
> truncate table capturecard;
> truncate table cardinput;
> quit;

and re-doing the setup.I don't expect it will rectify the problem.