[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:37:42 BST 2016

> Tuner [31] is one of the HDHR tuners. The one that was working in the
> last log you posted was [17], one of the internal tuners.
>
> This seems to be the relevant log message - there is one for each time
> a tuner failure occurs:
>
> Aug 1 10:33:11 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2589]: E TVRecEvent
> dtvmultiplex.cpp:379 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux: ParseTuningParams --
> Unknown tuner type = 0xffffffff80000000
>
> "Unknown tuner type" seems to be the heart of the problem. It looks
> like you need to set up something more to get the HDHR tuners working.
> Do they work using their setup program? Is your networking setup
> different on 16.04 from what it was on 12.04?
>
> You may need to delete the HDHR tuners and re-create them.
>
> You also need to test each tuner individually. The way to do that is
> to use Watch TV, and once you have a channel playing, you can swap to
> another tuner using M (menu) => Source => Switch Input and then select
> the multi-rec tuner you want to watch. LiveTV will switch to the
> specified tuner and tune it to the channel it was last on, which is
> stored in the cardinput.startchan field. If you then type another
> channel number, the current tuner will switch to that channel, but
> only if it is capable of tuning to that channel. So if you have both
> DVB-T and DVB-S tuners, if you try to tell a DVB-T tuner to tune to a
> DVB-S channel, LiveTV knows that and will automatically switch to the
> first available DVB-S tuner and tune that to the DVB-S channel. As
> long as you keep changing to channels the tuner is capable of tuning,
> a LiveTV session will keep using the same tuner, which is good for
> what we want to do, testing each tuner.
>
> So to fully test all your tuners, you need to use the Switch Input
> option to change to one multi-rec tuner on each of your physical
> tuners, then select a channel from each of the muxes so it will try
> tuning each mux frequency. I normally use TV One (1), TV3 (3), Prime
> (10) and HGTV (17) to test each mux here on Wharite, but on some
> different transmitter sites, it may be that the arrangement of
> channels on each mux means you need to chose different channels. It
> pays to test with the highest bit rate channel on each mux, if there
> is one, as that is the hardest one to tune to. Test each physical
> tuner on all four muxes in turn and see if they all work, or what does
> not work.
>
> But also, in the log you posted, why was mythbackend trying to tune on
> [31] when [17] presumably was not busy? What order have you got set
> for your tuners? Use this query:
>
> select
> cardid,parentid,videodevice,cardtype,startchan,displayname,schedorder,livetvorder
> from capturecard order by videodevice;
>
> to see what the schedorder and livetvorder are set to. The schedorder
> determines which tuners are used first for scheduled recordings, and
> the livetvorder determines which are used first for LiveTV.

I have left the tuner order as it was in 12.04,all at 1 as it was working
ok.This may be the problem.
No hardware changes were made to the network or connections.

Here is the Mysql_information

I am unable to use Live TV to view and select tuners because it
immediately aborts.However I have confirmed a card tuner works with MeTV
software I have installed (MeTV doesn't appear to allow tuners to be
selected)and HDHR tuners work with the HDHR configure GUI( I have switched
HDHR Tuners).All MUXes work ok on both sets of tuners.
In FE Information Center > System Status > Tuner Status the HDHR tuners
are marked "Not Recording" and the card tuners are marked "Has an error"

I also have another problem you may like to comment on: I have enabled
Myth Welcome and I am fair sure it worked normally to start with.At the
moment,when the system boots it boots into the XFCE desktop not the
Welcome screen.Myth Welcome seems to be running because after the 5 minute
time out the system shutsdown.If I start Myth FE from the desktop it goes
to the Myth Welcome screen and I can start the FE from there.

Cheers

-Paul