[mythtvnz] In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Aug 1 04:08:39 BST 2016

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 12:12:37 +1200, you wrote:

>On Monday, 1 August 2016 12:04:57 PM NZST Paulgir wrote:
>> Be aware of this bug if you change mysql options in myth control center
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythbuntu-common/+bug/1576767
>
>Thanks for that. I didn't have the tweaks enabled so I was OK.

Best to enable the tweaks then.  They are needed if your database
grows.  Just edit the /etc/conf.d/mythtv-tweaks.cnf file and change
the table_cache line to table_open_cache.

And anyone reading this who is not yet on 16.04 should check their
tweaks file and make the same change NOW.  The syntax change happened
several years ago and the change should have been done then, but it
was not noticed and now the old syntax no longer works in MySQL 5.7.
Upgrading does not work well if mysql will not start after the
upgrade.