[mythtvnz] HowTo: Harmony remote with Intel NUC [Solved]

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Sat Apr 30 20:37:20 BST 2016

I decided to get an Intel NUC because my Amazon FireTVs did not fast
forward very well with MythTV.
After finding some seemingly helpful information the best advice I got was
from Nick Rout who said "be careful with the old howtos".
I remained optimistic that with my new hardware and software I could get
get my Harmony remote working.
This simple HowTo assumes that you know how to set up the Harmony remote.

My hardware = Intel NUC NUC5PPYH
Software = LibreELEC

   1. Check the BIOS (Press F2 at boot) to see that IR is on (mine was on
   by default)
   2. Use the Harmony software to add device (For me Brand = Intel, Model =
   NUC5PPYH)
   3. Add Activity for the devices in your entertainment centre.
   4. Sync with the remote then enjoy.

My only hiccup was thinking that the little whole on the side of the NUC
was the IR sensor but it is not. The sensor is on the front.

I hope that this simple HowTo is helpful.

Robert Fisher