[mythtvnz] No Display

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:02:43 BST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:37 PM Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Were there any changes you needed to make to the commands posted on the
>> Kodi page to make them work for Mythtv?
>>
>> -Paul
>>

> Hi Paul,
>
> There were two things I had to do differently.
>
> To kill my X session I did
>
> ps aux | grep xdg
>
> Then I killed the xdg process.
>
> Step 4 says to find the string "ConnectedMonitor" in xlog.txt.  I couldn't
> find that in my xlog.txt.
>
> A manual look at that file found this line.
>
> (--) NVIDIA(0):     MARANTZ JAPAN, INC. marantz-AVR (DFP-1) (boot,
> connected)
>
> I took note of that when I updated my xorg.conf.
>
>         Option  "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1"
>         Option  "CustomEDID" "DFP-1:/etc/X11/edid.bin"
>         Option  "IgnoreEDID" "false"
>         Option  "UseEDID" "true"
>
> David
>

> I tried to kill the X session using the following command; Kill (the
> process number) and immediately I get a login box and can't access a
> terminal for other commands.
> What command did you use to kill X?
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I've just had another go at killing X.  I had to kill this process first.

/bin/sh /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc -- /etc/X11/xinit xserverrc

Then X restarted and left me at a login prompt.  Then I killed this process

/usr/bin/X -core :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten
tcp vt7 -novtswitch

After that you should be able to continue with the rest of the instructions.

David