[mythtvnz] Determining which tuner card for a recording after it is recorded

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Sep 7 04:09:32 BST 2015

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 14:22:46 +1200, you wrote:

>On 07/09/15 13:44, Nick Rout wrote:
>> Most physical tuners can ve set up to be more than one virtual tiner, I
>> am not sure if this is what you are seeing.
>
>I want to match the report from the log, e.g., "cardid 1, sourceid 1"
>with physical devices.

Take a look at your MythWeb status page.  At the top should be a list
of all the virtual tuners and the mapping to /dev devices.  I have
also installed an addon script for the status page that looks back
through the current mythbackend.log file and finds all the recordings
and lists them with the virtual tuner number.  I think this is the
script:

  https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_recent_recordings.pl

and it also needs this script to work:

  https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_Status_Information

This SQL query should tell you which tuner is which if there is not
enough information on the status page:

select cardinputid,cardid,sourceid,inputname,displayname,(select
videodevice from capturecard cc where cc.cardid=ci.cardid) as
videodevice,(select cardtype from capturecard cc where
cc.cardid=ci.cardid) as cardtype  from cardinput ci order by
cardinputid;

The cardinputid is the virtual tuner number used in the logs.

Change the "order by cardinputid" to "order by videodevice" to list
the virtual tuners grouped by physical tuner.