[mythtvnz] Determining which tuner card for a recording after it is recorded

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 01:20:09 BST 2015

On 07/09/15 11:03, Tony Sauri wrote:
>> Some body on this list very helpfully suggested a way to query the
>> > database to determine which tuner recorded a particular recording. To my
>> > embarrassment  I cannot find the message.
>> >
>> > Can anybody help?  I have two tuners, one of which I suspect is a lot
>> > better than the other.  I need to discern which is recording what.

[snip]

> I would do something like this:
>
>  cat /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | grep HandleRecordingStatusChange

Thank you.  Obvious!  A really good start.

I have "cardid 1, sourceid 1" and "cardid 2, sourceid 1" and "cardid 4,
sourceid 1".

cat /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | grep
HandleRecordingStatusChange|perl -e 'while(<>){s/^.+(cardid \d.+)/$1/;
print }'|sort|uniq -c
    117 cardid 1, sourceid 1
     23 cardid 2, sourceid 1
     44 cardid 4, sourceid 1

Odd, as I have two tuners:

$ ls /dev/dvb/
adapter0  adapter1

The backend status on MythWEB reports for encoder status:

Encoder 1 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on backend and
is recording '3 News' on TV3. This recording is scheduled to end at
12:30 PM.
Encoder 2 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on backend and
is not recording.
Encoder 4 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ] is local on backend and
is not recording.

Does this indicates that adapter0 has two tuners and adapter1 has 1?

And how do I match these with the information from lsusb?

$ lsusb|grep 2040
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2040:c000 Hauppauge Windham
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2040:7070 Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3

cheers
Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804