[mythtvnz] mhegepgsnoop problem

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sun Sep 6 10:12:14 BST 2015

On 06/09/15 09:56, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Running python 2.7.9 on Debian Jessie and the last 3 nights I've had the
> following problem (presumably data related).
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py", line 1611, in <module>
>      main()
>    File "/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py", line 772, in main
>      download2(the_pid, datablocks, module_numbers, dmxfd, demux_filter)
>    File "/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py", line 1147, in download2
>      buffer.extend(dmxfd.read(3))
> IOError: [Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type
>
> Anyone any ideas?

That's odd. It looks like the read from the dmxfd file descriptor is
failing in the line

buffer.extend(dmxfd.read(3))

I don't understand why. This should simply read three bytes and put them
in the buffer. It is an I/O error so maybe the dmxfd file descriptor is
not opened properly and the code is attempting to read 3 bytes from an
object which is less than 3 bytes in size? Maybe insert a "print
sys.getsizeof(dmxfd)" statement to see what size it is?