[mythtvnz] Channel changes

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 4 03:55:05 BST 2015

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:29:57 +1200, you wrote:

>Whats the command line for the sky listings?
>
>epgsnoop ???
>
>Cheers

Yes.  See:

  https://github.com/hadleyrich/epgsnoop
  https://launchpad.net/epgsnoop

They are both the same version (0.84).

I have put the script I use to get Sky EPG here:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/sky_eit_epg.sh

That puts the raw EPG file on my MythTV box web server where any box
on my network can get it from.  Before I run mythfilldatabase on it, I
also run xmltv_proc_nz on it to process the EPG data:

  http://nice.net.nz/xmltv-proc-nz

I have a big script that runs daily on cron to do all my EPG
processing that puts the Sky and Freeview stuff together and uses
mheg5 data if the downloaded data is not available for Freeview. It
then puts the processed EPG data on the MythTV web server and runs
mythfilldatabase on it.

Contact me off list if you want more about Sky and Sky EPG.