[mythtvnz] Problems with backend and mythweb after upgrading to Ubuntu 15.04

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:21:45 GMT 2015

Get a raspberry pi for the front end (kodi), low power low maintenance you
can power it from the tvs usb port and use the tv's remote (if you have CEC)

On 30 October 2015 at 23:03, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> >> Some people want to tutu, some people want to be bleeding edge. In my
> case
> >> I’m a software engineer whose server is also my primary server and
> desktop
> >
> >You need a separate mythbox.   Or you need a separate dev box.... same
> >effect.
> >
> >My backend does only two things - both of which are fire and forget.
> > * Myth backend functions
> > * backuppc
> >
> >My desktop does all the hard work of testing things, and my general
> >purpose server does mail and disk shares and web serving etc.
> >
> >Separation is a good thing, increases SOAF and CAF etc. (that's  new PC
> >version of WAF :)
>
> But separate PCs increases your power bill and takes up more of your
> house.  And an extra PC is going to cost $$$ to buy and then more $
> every few years to update.

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calvin