[mythtvnz] EPG data

Alistair Dunn alistair at rtr.org.nz
Mon May 25 11:28:08 BST 2015

Hi,
I've been using an epg download to populate MythTV (Ubuntu) for freeview
and non-freeview channels for the last few years, but unfortunately it
hasn't been updated in a few days and its now almost run out. So, I
suppose its time for me to look at how to go about implementing my own
grabber to generate the data directly (unless, of course there is a
simpler alternative). Can anyone help with a pointer or a guide to help
a relative Linux newbie figure out the steps needed to generate the epg
from a cable source in NZ. I suspect I'll be needing a tuner card
(recommendations?) and a method to process the stream to extract the xml
guide data. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Alistair