[mythtvnz] Reconsiderations for a remote control?

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:43:56 GMT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 5:40 PM, worik <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see there has been no traffic on this list with "remote" in the
> subject since 2012.
>
> I would like to take the next step and get a remote to control Myth.
>
> Ideally it would be a control where I can programme my T.V.'s volume and
> power settings in to, but that may be too much to ask.
>
> What are people's experiences?
>
> Currently I am using a USB keyboard, which is not ideal.

> --
> Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
>        worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
>                           Aotearoa (New Zealand)
>                              I voted for love

I have one of these remotes. It's a learning remote and is very good. You
can even use it as a wireless keyboard/mouse for surfing.
You will need to pair it with an IR receiver, in my case the silverstone
case on my frontend has an IR receiver.

http://www.dx.com/p/201879

I've had the remote for over a year and only charged it once!

Cheers,
Paul