[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py configuration issues

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:45:21 BST 2015

Hey folks,I noticed an old thread discussing how the initial configuration of tv_grab_nz-py fails due to the macron in Māori Television in freeview xml. I made a minor change to the script to make any channel names (now and in the future) as follows; sorry, didn't put together a patch since it was so simple.
Add the following after the other imports (without the quotes):"from unidecode import unidecode"
On line 226 (or 227 after adding the above), alter the input prompt to replace unicode characters in channel[1] with nice safe ascii (again, without quotes):"use = raw_input('Use channel %s (%s)? [y/N]' % (unidecode(channel[1]), channel[0]))"
Done!Be sure to install unidecode (sudo easy_import unidecode) and the initial configuration works fine; "Māori" is replaced with "Maori" which I'm sure is close enough to prevent confusion...
CheersWayne