[mythtvnz] Indoor DVB-T antennas.

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 23 10:44:04 GMT 2015

On 23/01/2015 2:33 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:

> But I was in Bunnings today and they had a range of indoor antennas,
> which got me thinking about that as a solution. Between the place
> where the antenna would have to go and a clear view to Sugarloaf there
> are two internal walls and an external (timber framing/gib on
> internals and timber framing/oamaru stone on the outside.)
>
> Is it possible to say if this will work, or is the only solution to
> invest and try it?

Ahh the marketing paradigms that constrain ones thinking.....

I've mounted an external DVB-T antenna in a roof cavity (Under plywood
and tarry tiles) and it works flawlessly. No technical reason not to use
an exterior antenna internally, and it will last much longer as a bonus!
The vertical panel arrays might be more friendly to mount inside, some
WAF might also "interfere". Directionality will remain critical.