[mythtvnz] Commercials flagging issues

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jan 14 22:56:45 GMT 2015

> Thank you guys for all the replies.
> Got some valuable information.
> Now after some usage I can see that if I play the recording and the adds
> were market it will do the jump.
> If I for some reason I ff, then it will play the adds as well.
> Here laid my confusion, as I thought the adds are literally cut from the
> recording, where they are just marked.
>
> Thanks again guys for all your help.

Don't think it has been mentioned yet is that you have 3 choices with the
advert marks - ignore, tell you there is an advert or auto skip. I always
use the second as if there is a dark scene it sometimes makes a false
advert so I can see to just let is play rather than skip.

I also limit the time to 5 minutes as 4mins is the average for most
commercial programs (apart from on religious holidays when there are no
real ads) although Sky channels can be very variable (20secs to 5 mins).

The number+forward is useful as is number+info to get to a specific point
in a program - eg. the weather forecast is about 54mins from the start so
you can get to it directly without worrying where you are by using the
<5><4><info> key sequence.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks