[mythtvnz] recommendations for front end...

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Jan 7 06:18:13 GMT 2015

On 07/01/15 18:07, Nick Rout wrote:
> Kodi no longer uses the cmyth library, it has migrated to the myth api
> which was intriduced around myth 0.25. No scaling or transcoding is
> done by either the old pvr.cmyth.mythtv or the new pvr.mythtv.

I tested out Kodi at our place the other day but am sticking with XMBC
for right now.

I ran across a few issues, major one being some sort of curl interaction
issue causing it to not download any addons/artwork/metadata, second
being general slowness with the myth api access.

The first could well be an OpenELEC issue but I don't have time to dig
into it right now so I'll wait and test a future update.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz