[mythtvnz] HVR 2200 replacement?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jan 5 23:52:12 GMT 2015

> My first question to Robin - Has this started happening recently because
> you’ve been recording/streaming from both tuners at once? Does a reboot
> resolve the errors?
>
> Cheers,

I can't remember exactly when I installed this card - it must be at least
3 years (that is when the firmware files are date stamped) and it has been
used very extensively with dvb-t on one tuner and s-video (from the Sky
box) on the other one. Never had a problem until 20th of last month when
it dropped both tuners with all the errors as described, and again
yesterday. It up again now having pulled it out and making sure its
properly seated on re-insertion. A reboot doesn't fix it - it requires
powering down and poking!! My 2 DVB-S tuners haven't missed a beat in the
meantime but the choice of programming on Freeview is pretty dire...

I think at this stage I need to look at other options of connecting my Sky
box, anyone have experience of the HD-PVR and if so what model (since they
keep changing).

Thanks

--
Robin Gilks