[mythtvnz] epg help new box

stugo stugo at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 6 07:20:50 GMT 2015

Hi Guys
I need some help please, my linux knowledge and all my myth knowledge is
google based and lurking on this forum for years.
  I have a dual core 2.6 running box 4 gig of ram
  nova 550t tuner and gt 220 vid card
  new drive are 120g solid state and I have a 2 t wd black.
  I have not configured the wd on to the system yet and that will be
another challenge
  I have been meaning to upgrade my box for a while. It was running
version 0.24
And now I need to as it has died
I had a partially installed version of Ubuntu 12 on the 120g
So I upgraded to 14.04
Did channel scan and have channels work and had a 2 hr epg as it was
looking at EIT data
  Changed it from a localhost to its ip on the network and upgraded  the
other front end.
  And then copied the script I have attached below and I am stuck on why
this does not work,
  Also now I am not getting any epg data now

#! /bin/bash
wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual

  I realize the has to be changed to --update once I have run this once
and I may have to remove the freeview file

Terminal readout as follows
stugo at stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ #! /bin/bash
stugo at stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
--2015-02-06 18:29:10-- http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
Resolving epg.org.nz <http://epg.org.nz> (epg.org.nz
<http://epg.org.nz>)... 120.138.17.20
Connecting to epg.org.nz <http://epg.org.nz> (epg.org.nz
<http://epg.org.nz>)|120.138.17.20|:80... connected.
Length: 198456 (194K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘freeview.xml.gz’

100%[======================================>] 198,456     1.25MB/s   in
0.2s

2015-02-06 18:29:10 (1.25 MB/s) - ‘freeview.xml.gz’ saved [198456/198456]

stugo at stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ gunzip freeview.xml.gz
stugo at stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual
Boolean type options do not accept values:
     --file
Received '1' but unassociated arguments have not been enabled
mythfilldatabase version: fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-30-g3b43903]
www.mythtv.org <http://www.mythtv.org>
Misc. Options:
--dd-file                       Bypass grabber, and read SD data from file
   --lineupid                      DataDirect lineup of input xml file
   --offset                        Day offset of input xml file
   --xmlfile                       XML file to import manually
--dd-grab-all                   refresh full data using DataDirect
--file                          Bypass grabbers and define sourceid and file
   --xmlfile                       XML file to import manually
--manual                        Run interactive configuration
--no-mark-repeats               do not mark repeats
--preset                        Use channel preset values instead of numbers
-h OR --help OR --usage         Display this help printout, or give detailed
                                 information of selected option.
--version                       Display version information.
--sourceid                      Operate on single source

Channel List Handling Options:
--do-channel-updates            update channels using datadirect
--do-not-filter-new-channels    don't filter ATSC channels for addition
--only-update-channels          only update channel lineup
--remove-new-channels           disable new channels on datadirect web
interface

Filtering Options:
--dont-refresh-tba              don't refresh "To be announced" programs
--max-days                      force number of days to update
--refresh                       Provide a day or range of days to
refresh. Can
                                 be used repeatedly.

Logging Options:
--enable-dblog                  Enable logging to database.
--loglevel                      Set the logging level. All log messages at
                                 lower levels will be discarded.
                                 In descending order: emerg, alert,
crit, err,
                                 warning, notice, info, debug
                                 defaults to info
--logpath                       Writes logging messages to a file in the
                                 directory logpath with filenames in the
format:
applicationName.date.pid.log.
                                 This is typically used in combination with
                                 --daemon, and if used in combination with
                                 --pidfile, this can be used with log
rotators,
                                 using the HUP call to inform MythTV to
reload
                                 the file
--nologserver                   Disable all logging but console.
-q OR --quiet                   Don't log to the console (-q).  Don't log
                                 anywhere (-q -q)
--syslog                        Set the syslog logging facility.
                                 Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
-v OR --verbose                 Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for
level
                                 info.

Guide Data Handling Options:
--only-update-guide             Only update guide data

Have i got the script wrong, as I can see I am getting the file and
unzipping it, but it is not allowing me to set it to myth database I
have set all the backend channel Id to the scanned channels

---