[mythtvnz] Channel changes

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Aug 31 12:13:37 BST 2015

Sky sent around an email saying that they are changing some channel
numbers on 1-Sep-2015, which prompted me to do a check and scan of all
my channels for what looks like the first time in a year or so.  The
following are the changes that I have found I needed to make.  Note
that you may already have done some or most of these changes as some
will have happened quite some time ago.

See here:

https://skytv.custhelp.com/ci/documents/view/1/AvMc~wpjDv8S~xb~Gv82~yLQousq3XL7fO~dpT7~Pv8U
  http://www.skytv.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=1939

See here for a full list of all the Sky channels after 1-Sep-2015:

http://www.skytv.co.nz/Portals/0/Assets/ChannelChanges2015/SKY%20TV%20Channel%20Guide%20July%202015.pdf

Freeview HD (DVB-T)
-------------------

Delete Sommet Sports.
Change CUE to Hope Channel:
  Channel 27
  Proposed xmltvid: hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
  Proposed callsign: Hope
  Mux: unknown (not available on Wharite)
  serviceid: unknown (not available on Wharite)
  Only available in Whangarei, Rotorua, Taupo, Gisborne,
    Whanganui, Wairarapa, Nelson, Timaru and Invercargill.
  Starts: 12-Sep-2015
Add TVNZ Pop-Up channel:
  Channel 15
  Proposed xmltvid: tvnz-pop-up.freeviewnz.tv
  Proposed callsign: TVNZPopUp
  Mux: TVNZ (Wharite: 578000 Hz)
  serviceid: 1204

Freeview Satellite (DVB-S)
--------------------------

Delete Sommet Sports.
Change CUE to Hope Channel:
  Channel 27
  Proposed xmltvid: hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
  Freeview mux: 12456000 Hz
  serviceid: 1916
  Starts: 28-Aug-2015
Add FOUR Plus1 channel:
  Channel 9
  Sky mux: 12644000 Hz
  serviceid: 1254
  Note: This is actually broadcast on a Sky transponder and
        Sky uses it as channel 512, but it is unencrypted.
Add TVNZ Pop-Up channel:
  Channel 15
  Proposed xmltvid: tvnz-pop-up.freeviewnz.tv
  Freeview mux: 12483000 Hz
  serviceid: 1903

Sky (DVB-S or via Sky decoder)
------------------------------

Delete Heartland (channel 17)
Delete FRANCE24 (channel 93)
Delete Playin'TV (channel 108)
Delete Mindgames (channel 109)
Delete J2 (channel 113)
Delete Sky Box Office 131 (channel 131)

Change Sky Movies 1 to Sky Movies Premier
  Callsign
  Old xmltvid: movies1.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: smpremier.sky.co.nz
Change Sky Movies 2 to Sky Movies Extra
  Old xmltvid: movies2.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: smextra.sky.co.nz
Change TAB to TAB Trackside 1
  Old xmltvid: tab.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: trackside1.sky.co.nz
Change Trackside to TAB Trackside 2
  Old xmltvid: trackside.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: trackside2.sky.co.nz
Change Juice TV to GARAGE
  New channel: 77
  Callsign: GARAGE
  xmltvid: garage.sky.co.nz
Change Adult to Desire TV
  Old xmltvid: adult.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: desiretv.sky.co.nz
Change SpiceXcess to Brazzers TV
  Old xmltvid: spice-excess.sky.co.nz
  New xmltvid: brazzerstv.sky.co.nz

Add Sky Movies Action
  Channel: 32
  xmltvid: smaction.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SMACTION
  Sky mux: 12671000 Hz
  serviceid: 1217
Add Sky Movies Pop-Up
  Channel: 35
  xmltvid: smpopup.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SMPOPUP
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not popped up
    at the moment.
Add Disney Movies 1
  Channel: 37
  xmltvid: smdisney1.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SMDISNEY1
  Sky mux: 12671000 Hz
  serviceid: 1244
Add Family Pop-Up
  Channel: 38
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not popped up
    at the moment.
Add Sky Box Office 43
  Channel: 43
  xmltvid: box-office215.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SKYBO43
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not transmitting
    at the moment.
Add Sky Box Office 44
  Channel: 44
  xmltvid: box-office216.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SKYBO44
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not transmitting
    at the moment.
Add Sky Box Office 45
  Channel: 45
  xmltvid: box-office217.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SKYBO45
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not transmitting
    at the moment.
Add Sky Box Office 46
  Channel: 46
  xmltvid: box-office218.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SKYBO46
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not transmitting
    at the moment.
Add Sky Box Office 47
  Channel: 47
  xmltvid: box-office219.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SKYBO47
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not transmitting
    at the moment.
Add Sky Sport Pop-Up 55
  Channel: 55
  xmltvid: sport-pop-up55.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SPPOP55
  Scan name: Sport POP-UP
  Sky mux: 12608000 Hz
  serviceid: 1115
Add Sky Sport Pop-Up 56
  Channel: 56
  Callsign: SPPOP56
  Scan name: Cricket POP-UP
  Sky mux: 12394000 Hz
  serviceid: 1116
Add Sky Sport Pop-Up 57
  Channel: 57
  Callsign: SPPOP57
  Scan name: Athletics POP-UP
  Sky mux: 12734000 Hz
  serviceid: 1117
Add Sky Sport Pop-Up 58
  Channel: 58
  Callsign: SPPOP58
  Sky mux and serviceid unknown as channel is not popped up
    at the moment.
Add ESPN 2
  Channel: 61
  xmltvid: espn2.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: ESPN2
  Sky mux: 12734000 Hz
  serviceid: 1222
Add Disney XD
  Channel 103
  xmltvid: disneyxd.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: DisneyXD
  Sky mux: 12421000 Hz
  serviceid: 1246
Add Disney Movies 2
  Channel: 107
  xmltvid: smdisney2.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SMDISNEY2
  Sky mux: 12671000 Hz
  serviceid: 1500
Add The Edge TV
  Channel: 114
  xmltvid: edge-tv.sky.co.nz
  Sky mux: 12644000 Hz
  serviceid: 1255
Add Sonlife Broadcasting Network
  Channel 203
  xmltvid: sonlife.sky.co.nz
  Callsign: SBN
  Sky mux: 12644000 Hz
  serviceid: 1218

Notes
-----

- The Sky channel number changes are important only if you are
recording from a Sky decoder and using them to select the channel on
the decoder.  Otherwise, channel numbers in MythTV are only used by
humans to select things, and can be arbitrarily assigned.  So if you
are doing digital recording of Sky, you can wait until you are ready
to make channel number changes.

- Always delete channels using mythtv-setup.  Doing that allows the
MythTV software to do all the necessary cleanup, such as removing
recording rules and EPG data.

- When using the mythtv-setup channel editor (or most other lists
anywhere in the MythTV software), you can use Ctrl-S to search for the
text you want to find.

- If you are recording digitally from Sky and are paying them for an
HD ticket, then you will need to look up the correct mux and serviceid
for the HD versions of channels that are also broadcast in HD.  The
values I have given are for the SD versions of the channels.

- Sky did not say if they were moving any channels between their
muxes.  They have done that in the past when reorganising things, but
there are no indications that they are doing it this time.  I will be
checking after the changes happen to see if my scan of the
transponders sees any differences.

- If anyone out there has a Sky subscription with the Sport option,
please let me know if I have guessed right as to which sport pop-up
channel is which.  I only subscribe to Sky Basic, so I can not use my
Sky decoder to tell me which is which of the ones popped up at the
moment.

- Do not forget to also update the *.xmltv files (in /home/<mythtv
user>/.mythtv) used by tv_grab_nz-py for the xmltvid additions,
deletions and changes.

- If you are using epgsnoop to get Freeview Satellite EPG or Sky EPG,
then you will need to also update its channels.conf file for the
channel and xmltvid changes.  My old versions of these are available
for download from my web server:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/channels.conf.freeview
  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/channels.conf.sky

and I will be updating them as soon as I have made all the changes
myself - hopefully tomorrow some time.

- If you are using mhegepgsnoop to get FreeviewHD MHEG5 EPG, its fuzzy
matching should work with the new setup, but you should check to make
sure the next time it runs.

- If you have any Power recording rules (ones that have custom SQL in
them), you may need to change the SQL if any of the fields or values
referred to have changed.

- The new Freeview channels will not be available in the downloaded
EPG until the script that generates it gets updated for the changes.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE ABOVE.