[mythtvnz] Network not starting?

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Mon Sep 22 01:52:27 BST 2014

Robin Gilks wrote, On 22/09/14 11:13:
> I decided to go for the X-26Y Celeron box and have a Mythbuntu-14.04 frontend only installed and running OK most of the time!!
>
> I power the box down overnight and when I next start it up it looks like the network isn't starting because I get the language dialog displayed.
>
> If I soft-stop using the power button and then immediately start it up again, everything works fine.
>
> Is this a scenario familiar to anyone? Not sure yet whether its the network not starting at all (I can't ssh in whilst the language dialog is
> up) or its just that the frontend starts before the network.
>
> Obviously more diagnostics to be done but I wondered if anyone else has something from this family of Intel SOC and had 'interesting' behaviour :)

Yes i get this sometimes with a crappy old desktop I used as a front
end.  About 1 in 10 starts the NIC would have a mac address of all
zeros, and no IP etc.
A reboot fixes it, but new frontend hardware looks to be doing the business.

Shame my TV is now next on the upgrade list... a 720p television that
only works at a couple of input resolutions is not that handy.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/