[mythtvnz] Recommendations to replace dying Zotac ION board

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Sep 5 11:35:40 BST 2014

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings all
>>
>> My N230 ION-1 Zotac all-in-one micro ITX frontend has just about given
>> up.
>> I'd like to keep the case and the two 1G DDR2 800 DRAM modules and just
>> get something equivalent or better, preferably fanless like the Zotac.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>
> So, to clarify, you are after a mini-itx board that takes DDR2 800 RAM?

I'd be happy with a working m/b the same as this one which has been great
for 4 years or so and the spare now in service is still 'good enough'. I
wouldn't want to go back to a Via Epia sp13000 like I just found in the
junk box!!

As far as re-using parts goes, if DDR3 is what is current for this sort of
low end boxen then so be it - its not as if RAM is expensive!

There is no other cost really as I boot from the network and the SATA DVD
drive will work with anything (not that I even use that these days, all my
content is on the server!).

The only thing I haven't checked is the 12v picoPSU (but I have checked
the power brick).

--
Robin Gilks