[mythtvnz] EPG a possible alternative

Tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 02:29:39 BST 2014

A couple years ago, some kind people made paid EPG information available
along with some very helpful user guides on installation. This was really
good for new people to MythTV, plus it made life easier for all. But
unfortunately the company that we pay a monthly subscription to decided
that it would stop this happening.

 As a result alternatives were found. But such alternatives are not the
easiest of things to install and get running especially for people new to
MythTV. It took me quite a lot of effort to get EPGSnoop up and running.

 Going forward a couple of years and there is BitTorrent Sync. My
understanding is that if read only is used, the data is synced but there is
no way of tracing where the data is coming from. And as a result the EPG
data is completely anonymous.

 My thought is – is this a EPG delivery method worth considering and would
there be any support?

Tim