[mythtvnz] epgsnoop/xmltv-proc-nz/tv_grab_nz-py

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 19 00:23:54 BST 2014

On 18/10/14 20:55, Aaron Pelly wrote:
> TL;DR Comments requested for a replacement xmltv grabber for NZ
>
> I've been thinking about how to string all this together in an xmltv
> friendly way.
>
> My thoughts, based on my progress so far:
> 1) Change mhegepgsnoop to invent xmltv channel names based on
> somehting like trim(name)+'.freeview.nz' and return all channel data,
> regardless of which channels interest you. We have to decode it all
> anyway. This means mhegepgsnoop no longer needs configuration. But
> will probably mean renaming some of your channels in Myth. Can also
> make it handle utf-8 characters properly.
Forgot to mention that mhegepgsnoop does support no config. It has the
option to use fuzzy string matching of channel names in the mheg epg vs
channel names in mythtv. So you just need to set up your myth channel
names similar to the mheg names. Use the verbose log output to see the
mheg names. Works for me.