[mythtvnz] epgsnoop/xmltv-proc-nz/tv_grab_nz-py

Aaron Pelly apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz
Mon Oct 13 23:31:56 BST 2014

On 14/10/14 07:48, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On 14/10/14 00:31, Aaron Pelly wrote:
>> I do not know why Hads wrote xmltv-proc-nz (but I wouldn't have got this
>> far if he hadn't!) but it has some config that it attempts to get from
>> the web. This makes sense, but I have no interest in maintaning a web
>> service for it. The things that you might want to change, like
>> categories, show names etc. I have currently coded in the script. This
>> is plain wrong. I have three ideas about where to put these, but I'm not
>> sure what's best.
>
> The idea was that everyone could contribute a little bit to the data
> and then everyone would have better data. I don't think I ever made
> the contribution easy enough though, as apart from one or two people
> it never happened.
I guessed that. You must have put a boat load of effort into this stuff.
I don't really have the skill set to replicate what you were aiming for,
but now I'm thinking of a small text config file, so it should be quite
easy (but annoyingly manual) to share on the list.

> You also have to keep in mind that I didn't design it just for MythTV,
> it should be able to run on any system with Python so no dependancy on
> MySQL etc.
I'll keep that in mind.

> I've still got an interest in EPG but an overall lack of time means I
> haven't touched a thing in ages. One day.

No need for excuses! As I said; I'd still have nothing if it wasn't for
your earlier effort.