[mythtvnz] Youtube et al audio through HDMI

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 1 11:38:14 BST 2014

Greetings all

As a new Mythbuntu user, I'm still tweaking the system to suit the way I
do things!!

Most things work apart from flash audio doesn't get to the HDMI output :(

I have configured the mythtv audio setup, selecting the output that works
OK and I'm happy with that. I had to make a similar entry for MythMusic as
it doesn't appear to default to the same device. Anything using flash is
silent so I've either got pulse getting in the way or my .asoundrc file is
incorrect.

I have studied the alsa setup using aplay which agrees with the selections
within Myth as above.
 $ aplay -l
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1
Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

 $ cat .asoundrc
pcm.!default {
      type hw
      card 0
      device 3
 }
ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 3
}

Am I heading the right way with this or should I be adding the HDMI device
to the pulseaudio config and setting that as the default.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks