[mythtvnz] Time stretch audio skipping

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:52:46 BST 2014

On 27 May 2014 07:56, Aaron Pelly <apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz> wrote:

> I must admit that in days past this problem was much worse. It has been hard
> to reproduce this morning. For this example I used 1.3x time stretch and
> only waited for the first occurrence.

1.1 and 1.2 didn't cause the issue.

Only 1.3

>From top of my head, as I really have no idea, it does appear to be a
speed issue, the audio card is starved of data and there are buffer
underruns. Your CPU usage is fairly high for what you are trying to
display
You are using the "default" ALSA device, which may be just pulse
emulation, go into Settings Preferences and use a native alsa device,
browse the list for a hw one

Try disabling the 5.1 audio upmixer, keeping it stereo

Your screen only supports 60Hz , causing additional work.

Try disabling in your playback profile the extra denoise and hqscaling
filters, though it's a very powerful video card you have so I doubt it
will make a difference.

also try changing the playback profile from VDPAU High Quality to
VDPAU Slim or Normal just to see if it makes any difference.

> Just quickly: You are a very busy man Jean-Yves; I have seen your activity
> in the github repo. I am surprised and grateful that you also take the time
> to read and contribute to a small list in NZ.

you guys happen to use high-tech broadcasting, makes a good test bed !