[mythtvnz] Are Intel NUC ok as a frontend?

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Mon May 26 21:33:34 BST 2014

On 27/05/14 02:55, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Something like this:
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=413990
> Never thought I would see the day I recommend an AMD system...
Never ever.   Its like buying a $100 LCD monitor then being stuck with
the faults like poor colour or something.  Having to look at it every
day for the life of the item... not for me

I bought a cyrix 486 knockoff back in the day, and it didn't run the
killer game of the day (doom)

Whereas I can count on one finger the number of intel CPUs that failed
on me (trying to pop the heatsink off an intel overdrive 486, broke the
CPU into three pieces, which prompted the aforementioned delve to the
dark side)

Use what works for you, and use it well.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/