[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 81, Issue 3

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun May 4 06:48:29 BST 2014

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM, criggie <criggie at criggie.org.nz> wrote:
> On 04/05/14 12:21, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Bret Everett <bretcarolyn at yahoo.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was very new to linux (mythtv) and there was some very patient people
>>> who
>>> would give there time to teach an old windows user new tricks but if you
>>> posted something and they thought it was dumb you would be told go back
>>> using windows .
>

> Everyone's a newbie at some point.  I had to start using win8.1 and its a
> good reminder that "assumed knowledge may not be present"
>
> How many people do you know who still use Caps Lock instead of Shift ?
>
> Persevere!

Yep, Bret has made 3 posts to this list, and barring one quite
sarcastic remark suggesting he get MySky, he has been encouraged every
time. I even went to his house and set up mythtv so it was working
flawlessly, but his son f***ed the computer soon afterwards, so that
was that. I started ot fix it but there was a software glitch in the
newer version and I never got a chance to go back and fix it, and then
earthquakes happened and, well you all know the rest...

Until this thread Bret hasn't posted since 2009, although he has
emailed me direct a couple of times.

No one has ever suggested on this list that he go back to windows.

Bret, a new install of mythbuntu should go a whole lot smoother than
before. The software, drivers and general usability has gone up
enormously.