[mythtvnz] Stats waving - was Freeview DTT restack on 1 May

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri May 2 07:14:50 BST 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014 15:47:59 +1200, you wrote:

> Peppa Pig for the win!!
>78% recording looks WAY to high not sure whats going on there..,  kids
>stuff seems to be the bulk, but some stuff we always record even if we
>never watch it...

I am thinking that the "% recording" does not take into account how
many tuners you have and is just adding up all the time each tuner is
recording for and then dividing by the total elapsed time.  So it
would be possible to get more than 100%.

Anyway, here are my stats:

Number of shows:
    1958
Number of episodes:
    21500
First recording:
    Sunday November 29th, 2009
Last recording:
    Friday May 2nd, 2014
Total Running Time:
    4 years 5 months 1 day 21 hrs 49 mins
Total Recorded:
    2 years 2 months 4 days 15 hrs 44 mins
Percent of time spent recording:
    49%

Total Space: 18,895,340 MB
Space Used:  16,626,226 MB
Space Free:   2,269,113 MB

Most recorded shows:
3 News            1585
ONE News At 6pm   1213 ] They changed the title
ONE News At 6      371 ] in the EPG in 2012

Those are just because they get recorded every night and are kept for
a week in case there is something interesting in the news - I only
occasionally watch them.

My MythTV box is actually two years older than that (installed
3-May-2007), but at one point I did a complete reinstall so the stats
are just since then.  And the total running time value seems wrong too
- it has been on 24/7 since it was installed except for power outages
and maintenance.