[mythtvnz] Specifying standard definition in a recording rule

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:38:26 GMT 2014

Well you can do it as a custom rule... this is the first time I have heard
of wanting to prefer SD though ;)

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording#Preferring_HD_programs_to_record

So tweaking the sql a bit

program.title LIKE '%Soccer%'
AND
(
    program.hdtv = 0
    OR program.programid NOT IN
    (
        SELECT program2.programid
        FROM program program2
        WHERE program2.hdtv = 0
    )
)

Another option is give the SD channels a +1 rating so the are prefered

On 12 March 2014 21:35, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/03/14 21:25, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > On 12/03/14 21:19, Worik Stanton wrote:
> >> But often the same programme is broadcast twice once in HD and once in
> >> SD.
> >
> > Record it off the 1 channel?
> >
> > hads
>
> Yes I could specify the channel, I could check each time I make a rule....
>
> But it would be more convenient to be able to specify lower quality
> preferred.  Globally would be really choice.
>
> Using the "Low Quality" recording profile does not do it
>
> If I cannot do this I will not cry...
>
> Worik
>
> --
> The only true evil is turning people into things....
>                                          Granny Weatherwax
>        worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
>                           Aotearoa (New Zealand)

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calvin