[mythtvnz] Recordings not happening without a reboot

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:03:11 BST 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway I suggest keeping everything as simple as possible. NZ has a
>> very low number of easily recordable channels - freeview. (If you are
>> using a sky box as well and recording through the 'analogue hole' it
>> is a bit more complex, and obviously more channels to contend with.)
>>
>> But freeview only, either -T or -S is a very trivial mythtv setup when
>> compared to what a lot of myth installations in other markets are
>> coping with.
>>
>> Starting from scratch may indeed be a good idea, leverage what you
>> have learned from your first dip into mythtv. Keep it simple.
>

> And once it's working, don't mess with it. Don't upgrade myth unless there
> is some feature that you really want and don't upgrade anything else at all.
> I don't even bother with security related updates - my myth box is not
> accessible from the internet.

I have to say I update myth all the time with no problems (although
always latest+fixes, never master). But then again I don't mess with
the database manually, I don't install plugins that mess with the dB,
I use LTS releases of ubuntu only. My database has kept going through
many versions now, I'm not sure how to tell how old it is but at least
since 2008. In fact June 16 2008 is my oldest (although not
necessarily the first on this database.) I guess I missed that
anniversary by a few days!