[mythtvnz] Recordings not happening without a reboot

Noel & Diane noel at igrin.co.nz
Fri Jun 20 02:48:11 BST 2014

> Are all your tuners working?  Go to WatchTV, then use the M -> Source
> -> Switch Input menu to change to one multirec tuner from each of your
> physical tuners and make sure each tuner is working.

I have tested that.  No they are not.   forgot that in my original email.

Worik

I had this once before.  Quite a long time ago..
Here is my trail of destruction.

I had no recordings to watch.  They were there in the
Checked so many logs that I'm OVER logs.
After EVENTUALLY trying live TV, I saw no lock, AHA! the dish must be
out.
 I spent ages fiddling with the dish (shoulda checked it against a known
good set top box first)
Yup.  it worked just fine before adjustments ://
 I then surmised tuners must have stopped working.  Odd that both cards
would fail together.
No problems, I had 2 cards spare so swapped them in.  Bugger.  Still no
live TV.
Swapped the cards back to the originals.
Next I deleted the tuners from myth, & then re-installed them.
Re scanned the channels, and BINGO! it all worked.
Wrote THAT in my little book of MythTV gotchas.

Not sure why, or how, or what happened.  I never did figure it out - I
had muddied the waters with my
fiddling too much to find the root cause of the problem.

Noel.