[mythtvnz] New to List

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 01:55:46 BST 2014

On Jun 6, 2014 10:51 AM, <cmacneill at snap.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been using Mythbuntu for close to a year now with HDHomeRun, I had
some issues in the early days with the Program Guide update script and
hacked the Python code a bit to make it work, it was some problem with the
spaces in channel names, e.g. "Canterbury TV". Other than that pretty happy
with how stable and reliable the system seems to be. My Media Server is
self built from mid-range components, now with two HDHomeRun devices I can
record 5 programmes simultaneously AND watch live TV, pretty impressive.

> I've been using various Unix/Linux versions for nearly 30 years, doing
programming in a variety of languages. If anyone out there has an opening
for a Linux Guru, I'm currently looking around for a new challenge.

> Regards
>
> Chris Macneill
> LinkedIn: http://nz.linkedin.com/in/chrismacneill

Welcome aboard.