[mythtvnz] Pixelation/Corrupt recordings

Aaron Pelly apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz
Fri Jul 11 02:06:25 BST 2014

On 07/07/14 15:10, Steve Hodge wrote:

>     Makes me wonder if I should try different firmware. Cant remember
>     where I got the current version from. Probably via the linux tv
>     wiki. I recall there were multiple versions.
>

> That's quite likely to be the issue.
The firmware I'm using appears to be the latest. The cards are so old
now that the links in the wiki are all broken. Manually extracting the
firmware from the drivers on hauppauge's website gives me an identical
file. OK, not identical, slightly shorter, but that was probably an
error on my part. I will try my firmware at some stage but I don't think
it's a priority right now.