[mythtvnz] EPG and FOUR Plus One

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jul 2 11:33:31 BST 2014

On 2/07/2014 6:51 p.m., Criggie wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote, On 02/07/14 17:51:
>> Frankly I just leave the Plus1 channels out of my database, there is
>> no need for them if you have mythtv (provided you have enough tuners
>> and I do).
>>
>> It annoys me that we have this repetition instead of decent channels like the old TVNZ6/7.

I agree wider content choice is better....

> Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....
>
> So much more awesome than watching the broadcast, you can take an hour
> off and pick it up again.

I think one benefit of mythtv is the delay one can take between
recording and watching. It frequently makes little difference whether
its recorded at time "0" or "+1" however the file size is relevant for
me. There is little merit in recording HD sized files that are scaled up
or involve content that is seen no better in HD.

I also note the +1 audio options are less.