[mythtvnz] EPG and FOUR Plus One

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jul 1 20:42:11 BST 2014

On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 21:31:46 +1200, you wrote:

>I have no data from later today for the FOUR Plus One channel (use to be C4).
>
>I haven't seen anything on this list about this change - just wanted to check
>if it was just me or not.
>
>Also missing data for 3 Plus One from later tomorrow  Everything else seems
>fine.
>
>Thanks

I had not noticed that C4 change until you mentioned it.  The actual
change is that C4 has been deleted from the Mediaworks mux and a new
Four Plus 1 channel added with serviceid 1305.  It just happens to be
using the same channel number as C4 did: 9.

I checked my downloaded TV3 Plus 1 data and it ends at the end of
Wednesday like yours.  So I downloaded the latest freeview.xml.gz file
from epg.org.nz and it does not have any data for TV3 Plus 1, just the
channel id for it.  It seems the script that builds the EPG file must
have developed a problem with TV3 Plus 1 in the last few days.

The MHEG5 data I just fetched has listings for TV3 Plus 1 well beyond
Wednesday.  It also has listings for yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv, which is
not in the downloaded EPG at all (no channel id).

When I ran a channel scan with scan-s2, I also found a new channel on
the Mediaworks mux: The Edge TV (channel 11, serviceid 1306).  The
MHEG5 EPG has data for this channel too.

I am guessing that the xmltvid values for the new channels will be
something like four-plus1.freeviewnz.tv and theedgetv.freeviewnz.tv,
so that is what I put in my database for now so that mhegepgsnoop will
populate those channels.

On Freeview DVB-S, the Sommet Sports channel has appeared on 12456000
Hz since I last scanned, which is quite a while ago.  It is serviceid
1937.

It looks as though Sky has been rearranging its channels too - I ran a
new scan and a number of channels have shifted to different muxes and
there are a couple of new ones, as well as C4 being removed.  I will
have a look at all those changes later and publish a new channels.conf
file.