[mythtvnz] Freeview channel changes

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Feb 13 08:52:36 GMT 2014

I did a new scan of the Freeview channels last night.  It is a few
months since I did my last scan of the DVB-T channels, and there have
been some changes here on the Wharite transmitter:

New channels:
    name      channum  Multiplex    serviceid
  Al Jazeera    16     Mediaworks     1308
  Te Reo        24     Mediaworks     1309
  Yes Shop      21     Kordia         1420

Deleted channels:
  TV9

I checked the www.freeviewnz.tv web site and it says that TV9 will be
back shortly, so I would suggest leaving it set up for now.

Al Jazeera is already in the downloaded EPG data (xmltvid =
aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv) as I think it has been broadcast on DVB-T in
Auckland for a while, but Te Reo and Yes Shop will need to be added.

I did not see any channel changes in the Freeview DVB-S channels
except the old one of Prime being moved there from the Sky
transponders.