[mythtvnz] Freeview DTT restack on 1 May

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 23 07:01:45 BST 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:36:54 +1200 (NZST), you wrote:

>On 1st May there are some changes to the Freeview DTT line up as the clear
>out the top end of the spectrum for re-use.
>
> - ​http://freeviewforum.co.nz/restack2014
> - ​http://freeviewforum.co.nz/restack2014tech
>
>Key changes in Auckland
> -   Mux 3 Kordia     - 666 MHz -> 602 Mhz
> -   Ch 16 Al Jazerra - Mediaworks -> WTV
> -   Ch 20 TVSN       - Kordia -> WTV
> -   Ch 21 Yes Shop   - Kordia -> WTV
> -   Ch 24 Te Reo     - Mediaworks -> Kordia
>
>There will likely be some SID changes associated with the switch over.
>Also Trackside is now off air on DTT.
>
>Steve

Ouch!  It seems they are adding a fourth mux (WTV), so we will all
need a fourth DVB-T tuner to be sure of never getting any clashes.
Here in Palmerston North (Wharite transmitter), I found a new mux on
530000 kHz, which would seem to be the WTV mux.  It currently has one
new channel "Apna Television", but if I am reading the information on
this page:

  http://freeviewforum.co.nz/restack2014tec

correctly, from 1-May-2014 Al Jazeera, TVSN and Yes Shop will be
moving to WTV also and Te Reo will be moving to Kordia.

I do wish they said what time of day the changes will happen - I
presume some time after midnight, but it would be helpful to know if I
need to wait up to do a rescan, or get up early in the morning.

Apna Television is a 24 hour Hindi station:

  http://www.apnatelevision.co.nz

I wonder if all this rearrangement is preparatory to moving to more HD
channels?  I hope Prime might go HD.  And I wonder if they are
thinking of DVB-T2 now, since other parts of the world are moving to
that.