[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Sep 21 05:28:21 BST 2013

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 14:51:05 +1200, you wrote:

>On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> But I can only do it from the command line:
>>
>> sudo mount.nfs4 192.168.1.64:/data/MythTV/Recordings /media/Recordings/
>> -vw
>>
>> I cannot translate this into a fstab line.
>>

>The fstab line would be something like:
>192.168.1.64:/data/MythTV/Recordings     /media/Recordings/     nfs
>rw,nfsvers=3
>
>Maybe should be nfsvers=4.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve

I have NFS working between my MythTV box and my mother's, after
SAMBA/CIFS developed a bug that made a CIFS connection fail all the
time.  I found it very hard going learning how to make NFS work, but
this is the config I came up with that has worked ever since.  It
gives me full root access, which is fine for me as I am the only user
on my network.  You might like to change the directories for your
setup, and remove the no_root_squash option if you want better
security.

On my MythTV box (mypvr, 10.0.2.4, NFS client):

/etc/fstab:

  10.0.2.8:/         /mnt/crw-pvr nfs4 _netdev,auto,rw,hard,intr  0  0

On my mother's MythTV box (crw-pvr, 10.0.2.8, NFS server):

/etc/exports:

  /
10.0.2.0/24(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,no_root_squash,nohide,crossmnt)

(Note: that last line starting with / is all one line).