[mythtvnz] Intel X-26

Chris Robertson chris at teamrobertson.co.nz
Fri Sep 20 08:47:14 BST 2013

>     I'm still waiting for the ideal media center hardware to emerge.
>     Something under $200 I can just connect to my TV and network and
>     bam, frontend done. Or add external storage and tuners to make it
>     a fully functional PVR. The RaspPi is so close in many ways; great
>     size, hw decoding, HDMI-CEC etc, but not enough grunt for fluid
>     xbmc UI, and I suspect recording several HD channels at once would
>     choke over USB2.0.
>

> Has anyone seen or heard of these for Mythtv frontend?
> Thinking here is an Android frontend?

There certainly seems to be a ton of android smart-tv like devices
available recently. The Pivos Xios <http://www.pivosgroup.com/xios.html>
is the most interesting I've seen so far - it even has a (beta) version
of XBMC available as an app or native linux firmware. It's something to
keep an eye on, but is still in development so not ready for rolling out
to non-technical family members yet.

Chris