[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Wed Sep 18 08:02:02 BST 2013

Worik Stanton wrote, On 09/18/2013 06:39 PM:
> On 18/09/13 12:14, Criggie wrote:
>> Is your NAS able to serve space via anything except CIFs ?  NFS or
>> iSCSI might solve all your problems by avoiding this file-in-use error.
> The "ReadyNAS" system I have is not playing nice with NFS.  Long story, an hour plus on phone support to the Philippines....
>
> I have googled iSCSI but it alllooks very confusing.  Is there a link to information I can use?
>
> I have found 50 GB of old archives on the cifs mounted disc I could delete, so I have a few days up my sleeve now.

iSCSI is another protocol, kinda like cifs or nfs.  If the netgear
doesn't support it then its not an option.

What else does the readynas do for you?  Is it worth pulling the disks,
putting them inside your myth backend ?  Storage pools mean you'll have
basically all your space, and a single disk fail will only loose the
data on that disk not a whole raid0.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/