[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 02:00:04 BST 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:27:48 +1200, Worik Stanton
<worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/09/13 12:15, Paulgir wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> Ok ,I'll try to remember this correctly.(I do this automatically without
>> thinking of the steps)
>>
>> In the "deleted" move the highlighted item to the top.( not an
>> individual recording,but the title of the view.I think it actually says
>> "deleted")
>> Hit M to bring up the menu > select "add to playlist"
>> Hit M to bring up the menu > select " Playlist options"
>> select "Delete"
>>
> I found another post from you replying to me (sigh!)
>
>> Alternatively, you can do what I do and delete recordings manually after
>> you view them which stops the drive filling up and auto expiry won't
>> occur.
>> In "watch recordings" using the "M" key to access menu change the filter
>> to "deleted",then "Add to playlist" and "Delete forever" - you can
>> delete
>> the entire contents of the "deleted" view in one go.
>> Recordings go into the "Deleted" view when you use the "D" key while a
>> recording is selected.
>
> I switched to the front end.  This cannot be done on MythWeb
>
> I changed "group filter" in the M menu selected whilst not high lighting
> any programme, in "Watch Recordings" to "Deleted".
>
> Then "Add this group to PLaylist"
>
> I do not have a "Delete forever" option for the playlist, but a "Delete"
> option.  Selecting it has no effect that I can see, except the deleted
> files filtered view gets re drawn.
>
> For each individual file there is a "Delete forever" option but it frees
> up no disk space either.
>
> I have run out of ideas...

Also, I tend not to use Mythweb as I find it slow to navigate when
scheduling programs ( unless I have not discovered some trick to speed
this up).I use a remote desktop (Remmina) to do most of the scheduling and
file transfers to and from my PC.

Paul