[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 01:39:43 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 17/09/13 12:25, Steve Hodge wrote:
> [snip]
> >> I am wondering how to use the delete forever function....
> >>

> > In MythWeb, go to "Recorded Programs" and change "Show Group" to
> > "Deleted". If you click delete on recordings there they should be
> > deleted from the disk fairly quickly. I don't know of any way to mass
> > delete from there though so following Paul's instructions in the
> > frontend might be faster.
> >
> > Cheers, Steve
> >

> It has no effect except removing the file from the web view.  It is
> there if I reload the page.

You might have a problem with permission on the files. Try setting the
permissions on the files to allow write by anyone (I'd just go to the
directory and do a "chmod 777 *"). I can't see how that would happen if the
recordings were created by MythTV  in that location but if you've manually
moved them then that might explain it.

Cheers,