[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:39:51 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:23:25AM +1200, Worik Stanton wrote:
> Having run out of disk space I am trying to recover some room.
>
> I delete files using mythweb but I get no improvement in my disc.
> Deleting an 8GB file does not free up *GB.
>
> Is myth queuing up my deletes in some way?  Can I tell it to hurry up?

There is a setting in the backend that tells the backend to slowly delete files to resolve performance hits. It usually takes a few minutes to get through a large amount of deteted recordings. You'll probably find that the file has gone by now.

Another option to run is the Find Orphans script that I have included in the link to. I have run it before in the past, but take the ususal care when running unknown scripts.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py